Au Pair Program
The au pair program is based on cultural exchange. An Au Pair participates in the day-to-day activities of the host family; he/she receives full room and board, pocket money and some secondary emoluments in exchange for which the Au Pair returns a certain amount of hours childcare and some light household duties. The time the Au Pair spends with the host family, i.e. during meals, family trips, evenings together with the family, etc. are not “working time” but family time.
Do you want to be part of the Italian culture?
This Au Pair Program in Italy gives the applicant the opportunity to experience the authentic Italian family life and be integrated into a new culture and traditions. This is a wonderful opportunity to experience a different culture and to broaden your horizons. Italy has an incredible quantity of opportunities to offer. Art cities, high mountains, lakes, and a beautiful coastline. People mostly live in towns and villages. The transportation system however, is highly developed.
The family unit is very important in Italy. Families are generally with two or three children. Most families own their own home or apartment. The Italian family is very happy to host English mother tongue, because they always want to improve their English knowledge and make to learn the language to their children as soon as possible.
2 months – 1 year
Services Included in the Program Fee:
- Host family: completely screened including financial check
- Working hours: 30 per week, 1-2 full days off per week
- Room and board: Full room and board (own bedroom plus a shared or private bathroom)
- Pocket money: EUR 300 per month
- Language course: Au Pairs will be expected to learn Italian during their stay
- Medical insurance: full health, travel, accident and liability insurance paid by the host family
- Visa: Visa costs are paid by the host family
- Vacation: 1 week paid vacation for every 6 months worked
- Help desk assistance: for Au Pairs during their stay regarding visa, residence permit, personal questions, insurance, etc
- Au Pair manual: with many practical information, things to know, cultural explication of habits in Italy
- Au Pair events: several times per year
Tasks as an Au Pair
As an au pair you will live as a member of the family, look after the children and help with household duties. The au pair works approximately 5 hours per day, and maximum 30 hours per week. You are entitled to one day off per week, and this day should be on a Sunday at least twice a month. Your duties and working hours as an au pair will vary depending on the ages of the children and the family’s needs. The following list includes most duties:
- help the children getting dressed and fed in the morning
- be responsible for them during the day
- play with them
- go for walks with them
- bring them to and from school/kindergarten
- help with homework
- do simple cooking for the children, bathe them and put them to be
- clean up after the children (toys, food etc)
- do the laundry & ironing
- clean dishes
- vacuuming and dusting
You are not responsible for cleaning the windows, mowing the lawn, doing other heavy housework tasks or taking care of the family’s animals unless you have agreed to do so.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26
- Have graduated from secondary school or its equivalent
- International driver’s license desirable
- Min. 100 hours of documented childcare experience
- Are in excellent physical and mental health (Physician verified Medical History Form is required)
- Have provided two childcare references and one character reference
- Have provided a criminal background check or its recognized equivalent
- Are mature, flexible, reliable and adaptable